Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 11: Final Evaluation

On the first day of this class, we sat in this classroom for 4 hours and listened to Pinto talk about what we will be accomplishing in this class over the next eleven weeks. After that we jumped right into the book and started talking about how advertising began. It was such a crazy time that I wish I could have lived back then to experience what something brand new feels like. In today’s day and age I feel like nothing is new or surprising anymore. Like anything is really possible, and if not they find a way to fake it. I have truly learned from this class. I like how Pinto talked about how the industry used to be when it first started all about sex, drinking, and advertising. Then he showed us movie clips and episodes of Mad Men to back up what he was saying about how crazy that time was. I really liked learning about why the advertising companies do what they do.
Advertising is all about money, putting together a really nice campaign cost a lot of time which costs a lot of money. We also discussed that there are all different kinds of advertising like billboards, TV, newspaper, magazines, radio, moving truck billboards, and even airplane banners. Any way that the public is going to see it that’s where you can put it. They have even started wrapping buildings and cars with advertisements. We discussed a lot about strategy, concept and design, how to make them all flow together in our ads. A bold, courageous, daring, and different ad is what is going to catch the people’s attention.
I learned a lot in this class and really enjoyed coming to this class every week. Pinto is a great instructor, he knows what he is talking about, and is very enthusiastic about it, which I love because it keeps me interested. So thank you for that, I get distracted very easily unless I am interested. I know I worked very hard in this class. I feel like I accomplished most of my goals with my final project. I got the concept and idea down, I just hope I put the project together right. We shall see. But for this class I think I deserve an A because I was here, participated, did my homework, and finished my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment